RE: (erielack) Photos of new DL&W RS3 now posted...

Bob Bahrs wrote about Atlas' forthcoming DL&W RS3's:

> The biggest complaint is the  (pale) yellow hand rails which
> are  yellow
> plastic, don't come close to the yellow used on the numbers,
> lettering  and steps.
> They should all be the same.  I think they know that, so why
> don't  they just
> paint them?

You're thinking of Proto 2000. Atlas actually PAINTS their handrails.

> Having produced the model since 1999, do we think its time
> for them to
> produce additional parts that many if not most road modelers
> could  use? Like non
> twin seal beam head lights?   Dynamic Brake  parts?
> Optional stack placement?
> Side walk way boxes? These are not  drastic changes that mean
> changing the
> whole side of the car body.

No, but you're obviously not familiar with how plastic molds are arranged. Many of these changes (headlights, stacks) are incorporated into the mold and would require a complete redo of the mold (which, at something I heard is in the 6-figure range, is not something most manufacturers are willing to do).

This is a big pet peeve of mine, by the way - when modelers spout how "easy" it would be to do stuff like this, yet they have absolutely no knowledge of what it actually TAKES to do it. Believe me, if it wasn't that difficult, manufacturers would be doing it.