(erielack) Re: Nickle Plate Products

NPP was run by a dentist in Chicago Heights.  Kind of disappeared by the
early '90s.  Brought in quite a few DL&W and Erie steamers:

DL&W Q-4 Pocono, 2 versions, late version had the red warning light on the
smokebox front.
    Mine ran very smoothly even with an open frame motor.
DL&W 4-6-4, also 2 versions, but I don't believe the "late" version featured
the warning light.
DL&W 1131-1135 series 4-6-2, 73" drivers
DL&W 1115-1140 series 4-6-2, 79" drivers
    You had to check the detailing as some were detailed for different
locomotives.  I have the 1132 and 1116.  They came with snowplows that you
could attach if you wanted.
DL&W 2100 series 2-8-2, 2 versions, boiler tube pilot or footboard pilot.
    Had to rewire the motor (was hooked up backwards to the others) and
remove the brake rigging (short problems), but the boiler has room for lots
of weight.
    BTW, remember the old Mantua 2-8-2?  It's boiler is about the same
diameter as the NPP DL&W 2-8-2, the drivers spacing is similar and the domes
are in the same locations.  With a lot of detail work, a modeler could
produce a pretty nice looking DL&W 2100.  (Need a different tender also)

Overland made a DL&W 4-8-2, (I believe it was the 1400 class, not the 1450)
and offered the winged 4-6-2.  The factor painted versions were absolutely
gorgeous.

Please help on the NPP Erie engines, but I remember:
G-15 4-6-0, two versions, high headlight and centered headlight.
K-1 4-6-2, two versions same as above.
    These are REAL hard to find.  I never purchased any as I could only
afford a couple and I went for the DL&W power.
N-1 2-8-2

NPP filled a niche for Erie and DL&W steam that no one else offered.
Wouldn't you love to see them reissued? (affordably of course)

Curtis Brookshire
Manassas, VA