Re: (erielack) A *good* latter-day Erie sighting!

Paul:

I'm stunned looking at these pictures you posted.  I had no idea these
NY&GL locomotives were painted this way, and acutally just recently
heard it even existed [not surprising since I don't live up there now].

Where can I find out more about this short-line[?]?

Secondly, last week I stumbled upon an old, black, Pennsylvania SW1
stored on the Brandywine Valley/Octoraro RR siding in Kelton, Pa. along
with a U30B [painted some awful shade of green], almost in my backyard.

I wonder if the SW1 is worth looking into for restoration.  Anyone know
about this equipment?

Henry

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 23:23:39 -0400, "Paul R. Tupaczewski"
<paultup_@_comcast.net> said:
> NOTE: This message had contained at least one image attachment.
> To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
> following URL into your web browser:
>

> http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-05-06
>
> nygl.jpg (image/jpeg, 1349x883 383544 bytes, BF: 3.11 ppb)
>
> Earlier, I forwarded a link to some decrepit looking Erie E8s.
>
> To make up for this, here's a shot taken by Frank Etzel last month of a
> New
> York & Greenwood Lake train picking up its interchange at Garfield, NJ,
> and
> heading down the former Erie Dundee Spur.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> 	- Paul
>

> 	The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
> 	Sponsored by the ELH&TS