(erielack) Re: Lake Jct. hike

Mike,
     The battery box cover from EL (Erie) GP-7 1233 can be found just down the Chester Branch. Walk south (RR West) till you are opposite the end of the stub track M&E added (With the CN MLW unit) and make a right into the woods. Just a few steps down the embankment look to your right below the mound of dirt. There's a few things here, a section of a friction bearing truck and some other freight car parts. But you will spot the EL gray paint right away and the unmistakable louvers and EMD latches on the bent panel. Also behind it is an EMD air filter I think. The rest of the parts look to be pieces of wrecked freight cars. Who knows what else is buried here!
     I do not condone trespassing, you are on M&E property of course, take nothing and leave only footprints  :)
     One railroader lost his life in that wreck and a few were injured so this is sorta sacred ground we walk on.
  Todd ~