RE: (erielack) Favorite Era

> Anyway, enough of this rambling. What's your favorite era?
>
> Paul B

To tell the real truth, I'd have to admit to the oh-so-tight range of ~1870-1976.  8^)

But to narrow it down some, probably about 1930 to 1960. But to get REALLY specific, probably
1948-54.  Yeah, I know, six years in which things changed an enormous amount.  But on both
railroads, DL&W and ERIE, there were fascinating equipment aging out and brand new, changes in
operations, and changes in personnel.

Not having (or likely to have) a layout, I don't have to get as specific as Paul's 1975.  (I made
the classic model railroader's mistake - decided I like the house, and THEN looked at the basement .
. .oops!)  So, I can fudge things quite a bit, but having that "tight" an era let's me have a reason
for not buying Every Single New Model that comes out . . . .as much as I'd like to do exactly that.

And what is kind of funny is that when I go to the ELHS meetings, and there are all the slide shows
of GMY equipment, I get all inspired to model the EL again . . .

SGL