RE:(erielack) Favorite Era

I am glad Paul suggested this topic.  I grew up in Cleveland (1950/60s)
and as a kid rode the NKP/DL&W from Cleveland to Scranton (my parents
were from the Wyoming Valley).  The parents of one of my best playmates
both worked in the Erie offices in Cleveland.  However, we lived on the
west side of Cleveland and didn't get to see much of the Erie, since it
was an east side railroad.  Later when I went to high school I rode the
Rapid Transit downtown every day and waited for my connecting bus right
by the Midland Building (EL headquarters).  I would look in one of the
street side windows where EL had a display advertising their new auto
delivery facilities in Mt. Pocono.  Somebody built a neat tri-level auto
rack (must have been O-scale) with I think Chrysler model cars as part
of the display.  I looked at this dozens of times and never got tired of
walking over to see it.  End of digression.

My modeling era is the early post-merger, (1960- 1965).  In many ways
this time was still an extension of the fifties, with a lot of passenger
trains and the movement of interesting freight traffic like livestock,
milk and anthracite.  Specifically, I am doing modules based on scenes
along the Scranton Division and the Sussex Branch.  Lastly, I just think
I like E-L black and yellow even more than maroon and gray on locomotives.

Mike Oravec