Re: (erielack) Bridgeville

Actually, that's the L&HR that's south of Rt. 46 on Route 519 (it's roghly
a 1/4 mile from Rt. 46).  The DL&W was NORTH of Rt. 46, roughly a high-mile
(or maybe a little more) from the 46/519 intersection.  The Pequest River
crossing was unique on the DL&W in that both the DL&W and L&HR (which was
below the DL&W) crossed the river at the exact same spot in Butzville (not
Bridgeville).  The DL&W had a concrete bridge at Butzville, whereas the
L&HR was a steel girder--both still exist, although the part of the DL&W
bridge that crossed Rt. 46 was removed during the 1970s after the line was
embargoed.  But the Bridgeville concrete bridge, I believe, is just west of
the station, roughly 1-1.5 miles west of Butzville.  It's nothing
spectacular to look at except for its significance on the DL&W.

Chuck

             "Peter Heimbach"
             <plh5_@_charter.net
             Sent by:                  <erielack_@_lists.elhts.org>
             erielack-owner_@_li                                          cc
             sts.elhts.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       (erielack) Bridgeville
             10/02/2006 09:09
             AM

             Please respond to
             "Peter Heimbach"
             <plh5_@_charter.net

I have found a Bridgeville in New Jersey on the intersection of Rt. 46 and
CR 519.  About 200 feet south of Rt 46 on CR 519 my Delorme map shows an
abandoned railroad from Belividere.

Not shown on the map but just east of NJ 31 before it ends at RT 46, is a
concrete bridge for an abandoned railroad. It is across the Pequest River.
This I think was DL&W.

There is a Bridgeville PA SW of Pittsburg PA.

Pete Heimbach