RE: (erielack) Fwd: [Susquehanna] Yes one does remain K-!

This rumor seems to re-appear every 6 months or so somewhere.  It appears that this locomotive was used in South Korea.  I have seen at least one photo of it in service in the late 1950's.  As you might suspect, a one of a kind locomotive was side-lined after it developed mechanical trouble.  Not surprising since it was already old and well-worn by the time it got to Korea.  My understanding is that it was destroyed sometime in the early 1960's during some sort of military "war games" practice.

Tim