Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:49:57 EST
From: Rubo48_@_aol.com
Subject: ELHTS Page

Hi:

I am Major (Rev.) Robert E. Vaughan, Sr, a retired Salvation Army  officer
from Long Pond, PA and I would like to pass on some information for  you.

I read the article in the April Trains magazine and found it to be very
interesting and informative.

I have been a railroad buff for many years, spent summers growing up near
the Harmon yard, worked for New York Central at Harmon doing electrical work on
the 'F' units back in the 1950's, two years after leaving the Navy. My wife
and I have monitored the Monroe County Rail authority for several years and
are  well known by Bob Hay and the board. Also I am a longtime member of the
Pocono  Chapter  NRHS.

Because of my interest in trains and their progress, I have spoken to the
owner of the Dansbury Depot many times about running a dinner train from East
Stroudsburg. He was very much in favor of the idea. Of course, it would mean
more business for him. What a tourist attraction it would be on weekends in the
 summertime. Since I am not a name gatherer, I never learned his name, but he
is  at the restraurant many days.

I do not know if this information is of any interest to you, but thought I
would pass it along.
Good luck on your endeavor.  God  Bless!        Bob  Vaughan    rubo48_@_aol.com