(erielack) What is it??

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-26-06

Stewart1.jpg (image/jpeg, 2160x1440 916104 bytes, BF: 3.310 ppb)

I was looking at a friend's father's RR collection, and this one has me
stumped!  At first I thought it was a clock, but when I looked closer it
is something different.  It's about a foot in diameter and has one hand
or indicator of some sort, and all the little buttons around the
circumference are labeled.  Some only say "Thru Pass" or "Track 1", but
some are listed with what look like New Jersey locations- Montclair,
Morristown, S. Orange, etc..  It has two terminals at the top with wires
attached, but it isn't connected to anything.
This gentleman worked for the Erie for 45 years in the Inspection
Department, and recently passed away at age 96.  The son knows little
about the items in the collection, so I thought I'd turn to the experts
here!  I'd appreciate any information (or educated guesses!) you might have.
Thanks!
Al Reibel