From: "Janet & Randy Brown" <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>
Subject: Re:(erielack) Archives search (was CX-99 Wreck)

When you search the archives, you have to do it by thread name, right?  What
was the thread name that Google finally found?  I'll bet it was something
like "DL&W MU cars" or something else totally unrelated to the subject you
sought.

This is why it is important both to name your subject accurately, and to cut
the tail off your reply.

Randy Brown
I'm sure many of you have figured this out, but I'll mention it for those
who haven't. Lister Mike Nickerson suggested I search the Archives, so I
did, entering "CX-99;Suffern". Nothing. But the identical query on Google
took me to it (Rich Wisneski, May 3 1999). That's the second time a Google
query has taken me to the List Archives (the other time it was my own
post!). Interesting since I think it's a members-only website. The point I'm
making is it appears that if you want to search the Archives, you'll have
better luck with Google than the Archives search engine.