Re: (erielack) A (MUCH) bigger version of the EL/NJDOT map...

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-25-06

EL_NJDOT_Map16c225dpiJHP.gif (image/gif, 1820x1830+0+0 127345 bytes, BF: 26.15 ppb)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Paul R. Tupaczewski wrote:

> http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-24-06
>
> el-njdot-map.jpg (image/jpeg, 1876x1856 251226 bytes, BF: 13.86 ppb)
>
> I tried to compress as much as possible - this one's only 245K, sorry for
> any loss of quality due to compression!

This is such a great map I decided I wanted to print it for my files. Because
the backround was a sort of mottled gray which would use a lot of ink and
probably make the print sort of muddy and low contrast I decided to work it
over a bit. I made the background white, "squared" the image perspective and
reduced it to a 16 color gif which prints very nicely on a color inkjet
printer and is only 127 KB. On an 8-1/2" by 11" sheet of paper the map prints
close to 8" square. It should still be pretty clear on printings up to 50%
larger than that.

I thought some other list members might want print this map so I figured I
would share my copy with the list.

Henry