(erielack) CX-99 Wreck

I'm sure many of you have figured this out, but I'll mention it for those
who haven't. Lister Mike Nickerson suggested I search the Archives, so I
did, entering "CX-99;Suffern". Nothing. But the identical query on Google
took me to it (Rich Wisneski, May 3 1999). That's the second time a Google
query has taken me to the List Archives (the other time it was my own
post!). Interesting since I think it's a members-only website. The point I'm
making is it appears that if you want to search the Archives, you'll have
better luck with Google than the Archives search engine.

The wreck occurred at Newburgh Junction on March 9, 1973, and as Paul said
there were no fatalities or even serious injuries, and was caused by thick
fog obscuring a signal. It's a fascinating account, here's the link:
http://www.railfan.net/cgi-bin/lists/wilma_hiliter/erielack-digest.archive/199905/msg00039.html

The account parenthetically mentions a rolling crew change at Port, but the
train made a scheduled pickup there. He probably observed this on ACX-99,
which had no pickup and ran on the Erie side until 1974.

Paul B

End of EL Mail List Digest V3 #1965