RE: (erielack) A (MUCH) bigger version of the EL/NJDOT map...

First, what it looks like today...
http://www.njtransit.com/images/map_november2003.jpg

Paul brings up a good point.  What was going on north of Suffern on the old
Erie main in NY in Rockland and Orange Counties for commuter service in this
era?  When was Metro North founded?  I have faint memories of electric
trains in New Haven paint on the east side of the Hudson (Westchester) but
not Penn Central.  Who ran down from Middletown, Port Jervis, etc?  Was it
run much like today where the train stopped in NY north of Suffern, as well
as Suffern and NJ on the Main/Bergen Lines?

Let's see...back to the map...just confining it to what I know on the PV and
Main/Bergen Lines...

- - Obviously, no Secaucus Junction.
- -"Lindhurst" is misspelled, should be Lyndhurst
- -How old is this map?  Older than the one on the car wall in the other
picture?  It shows the Hudson Terminal, not the WTC.
- -Why are some stops in LARGE CAPS like WESTWOOD, ORADELL, OR MONTVALE?
- -PV Line has station stop at Fairmount Ave. in Hackensack.  Williams Ave is
now often referred to as Teterboro. The "Hackensack" stop is also known as
Essex St.  Harmon Cove- built after the map, gone now.
- -On the Main Line, what was South Paterson and River Street?  No stops there
now...