From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org] On Behalf Of Michael Sheehy
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:14 PM
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: RE: (erielack) Map Placement on EL Pullman Standard Cars

Interesting map, though it brings up more questions...

Excuse me for failing to realize all this before, but I was only a
little
kid back then...

The bottom of the map says

			ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILWAY COMPANY
				PASSENGER SERVICE SYSTEM
				STATE OF NEW JERSEY

with the NJDOT and EL logos on it.

So whose railroad was it?  Was the NJDOT running it or EL?  I was not
the
only one under the misconception when I was younger that the train
running
through my town was the Erie Lackawanna (hey it had the Diamond on it,
along
with the NJDOT Arrow symbol).  My memories are after C-Day (say 1978 up
through the NJ Transit advent in 1983) so I never remember seeing TRUE
EL
trains.  Before NJT, what did the markings on the trains say on other
lines
in NJ from around 1970-1983? Penn Central?  CNJ?  I really didn't see
passenger trains in NJ outside of the Pascack Valley and Main/Bergen
Lines.
I bring that up because the map includes ONLY lines that were used by EL
(no
Penn Line, Raritan Line, Coast Line, etc).  Did the CNJ/ Penn Central,
etc
run these lines up through C-Day? Did they also get Comets and Arrows
before
NJT took over?