(erielack) An Important Anniversary!

I'm proud to say that today is the fifth anniversary of the founding of the Erie Lackawanna Dining Car Preservation Society!

It was five years ago this day that several list members gathered together at Harold's New York Deli restaurant at the Holiday Inn in Parsippany, NJ to discuss the possibility of trying to save former DL&W Diner 470 and restore it to operational condition.

From that initial meeting, there have been many ups and downs - we lost the 470, got the 741, got the City of Lima, and finally managed to get the 470 - but the amount of progress in these five years has been nothing short of phenomenal, and it is primarily due to the support of our members.

Through it all, our focus has remained unwavering - to recreate the long-haul passenger train and dining experience of the Erie Lackawanna. And we shall not cease until we reach our goal, for the benefit of the membership and the general public. An experience, once lost, will be available again!

Thanks for all your support over the past five years!

http://www.eldcps.org