Re: (erielack) Map Placement on EL Pullman Standard Cars

In a message dated 3/23/2006 11:00:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
paultup_@_optonline.net writes:

Here's a  question I hope someone can answer: Is there a reason why the EL
seemed to  get a better deal than the CNJ with respect to what NJDOT helped
to  subsidize? The CNJ got 13 EMD GP40P's (new) and a whole bunch of  cheap
ex-GN and UP coaches. The EL got 31 U34CHs (new), the aforemention  ATSF cars
(used), and a big fleet of Comet I coaches/bar cars/cab cars (all  new).  Was
the EL commuter service perceived as "more valuable" to the  state than the
CNJ service?

I suspect it was just enough to cover each sides needs.  EL side was  much
bigger.

Bob