Re: (erielack) Anniversary

Evidently there were no bridges/underpasses to negotiate. Didn't you need special permission from NJ DOT because of the weight per axle?

Paul B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jedalberg_@_aol.com
  To: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net ; erielack@lists.railfan.net
  Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:34 PM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) Anniversary

  Group.
  The lift machines could, and were moved by all three methods. When we reopened Croxton in '85, the packer was driven over from SK. We had to get permission from the local police, etc.The next year, or maybe it was 87, when D&H closed their Oak Island intermodal terminal (the first time!), they moved it out by flat cars. Main body on one, the spreader on another. We were on a business car trip heading for the opening of ERail. ,actually we didn't know about it, the D&H business was so important!
  Jim.

End of EL Mail List Digest V3 #1964