Re: (erielack) Anniversary

Ed

On the Mahoning Division it was business as usual right up to 2359 Hrs on
03-31-76.

The Mahoning Division retained the EL EMP TT #4 for some time as well as
retaining the EL Rule Book.

The only part of the Mahoning Division that changed was Niles to Leetonia
was abandoned and Leetonia to Lisbon was worked out of Salem, with an EL crew
due to Prior Right's agreement(s) and that crew used the Valley Division EMP TT
 and the PC Rules for Conducting Transportation.

In the last hours of EL there was a lot of resentment toward PC and the PC
officials.  PC Division Staff Officers were trying to slide the changes in
that would happen at midnight as far as Car Reporting, Train Starts, Crew
Overtime, etc. for the various Transportation Dept Budget reports.  We in  the DS
office attempted to ignore them but the changes were made and it went  rather
smoothly.

It was a few days before locomotive changes were noticed.  I do recall  one
call from the Blue Room that directed me to "get the 2000 HP Alco Road Units
out of Akron Yard at once.  They are road power."  The Blue Room Power  Control
Supervisor was referring to the LV C-420's when in fact the power in
question was former EL NW-2's.  It was a learning curve for them.

SMT