From: "Montgomery, Edward T" <Edward.Montgomery_@_fcps.edu>
Subject: (erielack) Anniversary

It seems hard to believe that we are coming up on the 30th anniversary
of the creation of Con Rail - yes the original spelling.  I was
wondering what was going on 30 years ago at this time on the EL.  Was
the company fully engaged in forwarding freight from other carriers?
Were changes being made in operations that would reflect the company
would no longer be a major carrier?  What was going on at the Midland
Building?  How long did it take for CR to close that operation down?
One last note about EL:  I usually saw the Business Train Consist laying
over in Hoboken.  Did it make periodic trips to Cleveland to pick up
Gregory Maxwell and other officials?  Was there hope among employees
that Chessie would pick up the eastern end?