Re: (erielack) Useless phone numbers

SGL

It's interesting to note that some of these people were still around 30
years later.  Many of the phone listing were from Kent, rather than  Akron.

I don't know for certain but suspect that Hotel Kent was in Kent.
Doctor E M Kauffman was the Company Surgeon located on West Main Street in
Kent.  I went to him for an annual physical in the early 70's.  In the  days of
passenger travel, if a passenger was injured or sick, the company  surgeon
was called to meet the train.  I remember this happening in Warren  with Dr.
Harry Miester.

Bisslers and Tinkers were (and are) funeral homes in Kent that provided
ambulance service.
William('s) Brothers Mill is still an active customer on the line, which is
now part of the W&LE.
R W (Bob) Schmeltser (Schmeltzer) was a Yardmaster at Akron and Kent and
became the General Yardmaster at Leavittsburg in the late 60's.

North Depyster Street is a street in Kent near the former Erie yard and  shop
area.

SMT