Re: (erielack) BOONTON YARD TREE CUTTING & FYI

In a message dated 3/19/2006 11:41:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
DLW1155_@_aol.com writes:

For the  past week there has been a crew cutting trees west of the old
freight
station. At first I thought it was just the area around the old building  but
they are clearing all the tracks in the yard and were almost up to the  Fanny
Road bridge Friday morning.. It is the same company that has done  tree
trimming
for NJT in past years accompanied by an NJT Conductor  Flagman.  Anyone know
what's up?

Al  Holleuffer

To all.

Don't know anything about Boonton, but just wanted to mention that anyone
that wants to walk the old Lackawanna Paterson yard, ( not on the main tracks
please) to get a feel on how it was, should do so soon. They have been
surveying  there for months, and have been told that NJT is moving there from their
location on the Bergen County Line, referred to as Saddle River.   Maintenance
of Way head quarters!  I think they are going into the old  General Foods
building or one along side of it.

Bob

Bob Bahrs