Re: (erielack) Perishables in EL years

Yes I see on the map that it's about 2 miles south of the Highbridge location, quite close to Hell Gate bridge actually, and it looks like it was an old New Haven yard. Both are in The Bronx.

Paul B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jedalberg_@_aol.com
  To: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net ; erielack@lists.railfan.net ; paultup@optonline.net
  Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 6:33 PM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) Perishables in EL years

  The Harlem River site is north of the river, and is actually an active rail site (garbage): 'tis on the route to Oak Point (yard) via the OP Connection, which was a part of all that money spent by the state. Highbridge is on the south bank. It is where the Roadrailer service was handled for the year or so that we operated it. It was almost 100% eastbound loads, zero wb. the location is used by the city to store/handle aggregate. No rail.
  Jim