(erielack) B&H ID Plate

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-17-06

B_H_Plate.jpg (image/jpeg, 2576x1932 2575595 bytes, BF: 1.93 ppb)

Here is a picture of an itemI bought on Ebay.  I'm assuming it is from
the Bath & Hammondsport railroad, but I have no information about what
it was mounted on.  If any of you has knowledge of what this would
likely have been, I'd appreciate the input.

The plate is oval, 10" x 5".  It is made of cast bronze or brass.  The
main part is about 3/16" thick and the letters are raised about 3/32"
above the surface.  It weighs a hefty 2 1/2 lbs.

Dick Honeyman
ELHS 2904