RE: (erielack) FW: [n_scale] Railroad tugboats

> > I need help from someone who can look up the color scheme
> of the Erie
> > railroak tugboats "Marion" for instance.
> >
> > It seems that the base color is an olive green with a shade
> of red on
> > the decks. This from photos in RMC many years ago.

Bob, I have an Overland Tugboat which I bought painted by Overland.  I believe they had excelent
sources for the information, so I'll describe how it's painted:

Hull: dark red, I believe Zinc Oxide Primer
Decks, coaming (probably not the right term) around the entire hull, and stack, black
Walls of deck house and pilot house, darkish, OK, olive green.
Tarp on lifeboat, light gray
Lifeboat and davits, black
Tops and ends of the thingies (I'm not a sailor!) to which hawsers and lines are attached, orange.
Top of handrailings life preservers, orange
Windows in pilot house, red
Erie Diamond, white, black center.
Lettering on coaming, white
Nameplate, gold lettering
Navigation lights, white
Prop, bronze.

I might be able to provide a photo of it.

SGL

End of EL List Daily V3 #1957