Re:(erielack) Motive Power distribution

I noted with interest Mr. Whitehead's use of the term "consist" for a locomotive made up of multiple diesel-electric units, rather than the rail-fan-popular "lashup".  To me, "lashup" implies something jury-rigged, temporary, not very good.

Randy Brown
I too passed on the discussion on motive power assignment to a retired railroad friend, Dick Whitehead . . .

Rich Wisneski
Denville, NJ

Rich:

Very interesting post.

As you know, we tried to run road consists with like power . . .

Feel free to pass this along to anyone interested.

Dick Whitehead