From: "Edward Mines" <ed_mines_@_yahoo.com>
To: <erielack_@_Lists.Railfan.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:39 PM
Subject: (erielack) question for Schuyler Larrabee

> Do you know who your family business bought gasoline from? Was delivery by
rail only? Did they sell anything else?

>   I found 2 refiners near Bradford, PA with their own tank cars in the '43
equipment register. Bradford is pretty close to Binghamton as was the
Sinclair refinery in Wellsville.

>   There are always a couple of plain tank cars in Bob Collins action
photos of Erie 2-8-4s. I wonder if these contained gasoline or kerosene for
customers distant from oil terminals located on water. Until I found out
about the Sinclair refinery I thought Binghamton would be a good destination
for these cars.

>   They may also have contained some specialty products like aviation
gasoline would could have gone to Stewart field.