(erielack) Hostler's Rules

I forwarded some of these messages to a friend who's a NYC fan, and former NYC/PC employee.  He
comments:
"Sounds very familiar.  That's how we did it on the NYC.  Power control determined the number of
units to move from point A to point B.  The transportation superintendent determined how to power
specific trains (except for those governed by system policy), and specific units were assigned by
the engine house that had the units.

"Power going to the shops would be put on a Cleveland train if it was EMD or a Syracuse train if it
was Alco."