RE: (erielack) Hostler's rules

The folks who were around back then to witness this first-hand can probably give a better answer, but my impression from listening to operations discussions and viewing the photos seem to indicate the SF-100 was a "generic freight," and was a mid-level train (not as hot as a NY-100 but not as lowly as an "Ordinary" or CS-9/SC-8)

    - Paul, hopefully recreating big trains over the Boonton Line into Croxton in the not-too-distant future :)

- -----Original Message-----
From: STEVEZ10_@_aol.com [mailto:STEVEZ10@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:20 PM
To: Smtimko_@_aol.com; paultup@lucent.com; erielack@lists.elhts.org
Subject: Re: (erielack) Hostler's rules

Steve T. & Paul,

Interesting topic!

I'm assuming the power that was tacked on or scheduled to lead the NY-100 in Chicago would be the same power all the way into Croxton?  That is my assumption since this seemed to be one of the hottest trains during the mid 1970's...?
Was the SFE-100 a time sensitive train as well??

I'm quite amazed that these intermodel trains once went via the Boonton line to access Croxton yard!

Steve P.