(erielack) NKP Freight Consist

Looks like there was some interesting discussion over the w/e while I was
out of town and away from the 'puter. MB-98 was a Madison (E St
Louis) -Buffalo hotshot out of Frankfort in late evening, due in Buffalo at
3:30 pm (in this case on 7/4). The bulk of the train is the Buffalo Jct
block which is unclassified and therefore must be classified in Buffalo
before delivery to connections can be made. The carload of sheep is in the
middle of that block and would indeed have been serviced at the Erie stock
facility in Bfo prior to the approx 15 hr trip to Croxton. Bellevue OH did
have a stock pen but the two hour stop there was insufficient time to switch
the car out and back in. Since the NKP did not service the car after
Frankfort there was no need to place it on the headend.

Paul B

I'm interested in following the NKP (43549) stock car load of sheep going to
Brooklyn.  They were loaded in Lafayette, IN at 2 p.m. on 7-03, so they have
to be out of the car for feed and water by 2 a.m. on 7-05 (36 hr. law).  I
guess that would take place in Buffalo (Erie stock facility?) before their
train left for Jersey City.

The NKP consist had this car in the middle of the train.  I thought most
roads kept livestock close to the power or back near the caboose so they
could be more closely watched.  Erie photos often show stock cars up front.