(erielack) Re: Boy Scout special at Montclair.

In a message dated 3/13/2006 3:34:08 AM Mountain Standard Time,
erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org writes:

> From: Richard Pennisi <eldispatcher72_@_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: (erielack) The Best EL Fantrip?
>
> Jim,
>
>   Both my brother and I were on the trip over the Valley as well.  It was a
> great trip also.
>
>   Rich Pennisi

 The Valley trip was neat, but as Rich says, the day was HOT! This was
another RRE sponsored trip and the date was June 12, 1965. Departure from Hoboken
was timed for 8:30, and a stop was schedueld at Montclair for 9:00 where I
boarded. Even though LV had exited the passenger business, a UNIFORMED LV train
crew relieved the EL crew at Easton.

BTW, the cost per person for adults was $12.50, children under 12, $7.00. A
Diner and Buffet-Lounge were included in the Stillwell consist.

Of interest, just before the fantrip arrived at Montclair, a Boy Scout
special went east with a PA and an E8. I took a B&W shot of the 7 car consist made
up of former Erie equipment.

On page 34 in Volume 4, Erie Lackawanna in Color by Larry DeYoung, there is a
shot of the Boy Scout special taken by Art Lewan at Forest Hill. Art says in
the caption that it was THE TWILIGHT, but this is an error.

Seek and you shall find. I did, and the photo I took shows the train
eastbound at Walnut Street, Montclair. I will scan it off for this issue of THE DINER
DIGEST.

Regards,

JJBoehner