Re: (erielack) Best EL Fantrip

In a message dated 3/12/2006 10:06:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
RJFlei_@_aol.com writes:

On the  way back we ran out of coal and had to wait for quite a while to get
moving again. This was somewhere west of Warren. TV-97 was behind us. They
cut
off their power and shoved us into Kent. CONRAIL couldn't have been  very
happy
with this scenario.

Rick

I was working 2nd trick ACTD in Youngstown the day this happened.  The
Superintendent gave me strict orders to hold the Special at SN Jct to follow
TV-79.  That would have caused over an hour's delay to the Special but  those were
the orders.

The Asst Supt (who shall go nameless as he's still employed with NS) was
riding the train and did not wish to be delayed.  He instructed the Train
Dispatcher to let the Special depart SN Jct AHEAD of TV-79.  The Special  ran out of
coal and stalled on Windham Hill.

You can imagine the fun I had when the Supt called in to check on the  trains
and when he found the Special stalled and being assisted by TV-79.   He
wanted to know if I misunderstood him.  I told him that I did not, but  he had been
overruled by the Asst Supt.  His reply, which I'll never  forget---"By God,
we'll see about that tomorrow morning."

SMT