Re: (erielack) The Best EL Fantrip?

Jim,

  Both my brother and I were on the trip over the Valley as well.  It was a great trip also.

  Rich Pennisi

Jedalberg_@_aol.com wrote:
        In a message dated 3/12/2006 4:06:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, eldispatcher72_@_yahoo.com writes:
  But I personally think it was also the last great EL fantrip. I know that

  I was also on the trip-took my two boys, we drove from Stanhope to Dover, then train to Hoboken; got off at Dover on way back. It was a great trip. The other really good trip was the June '65 trip than went from Hobolen to P'burg, then LV to Wilkes Barre and Coxton. Then DL&W "Bloom" to Scranton and home. Three RS-3s.I think this was the last train over the LV's passenger "back track" That day was hotter than blue blazes, but the ac worked on the Erie Stillwells.
Took a lot of pictures on both trips; lots of good memories.
Jim