(erielack) Weehawken tunnel

I got my first ride through Weehawken tunnel in fifty years,  yesterday.  We used to ride the cabs of engines deadheading between the passenger terminal and the round house in North Bergen, to get to work at the roundhouse, or the "banana yard."  The Tonnelle Ave. station has a display describing the history of the tunnel, with a photo of it when it was new.  The NYO&W helped construct it, and then went bankrupt.
The NYCentral infrastructure in Weehawken, except for the tunnel, is completely gone, completely built over.
Lenny Pagano, ticket agent at Lyons, was unhappy that I posted that he serenades the passengers in his station.  He says that he no longer does that; NJ Transit has forbidden it.  It sounds to me as though Transit is stifling artistic expression.  There might even be a first ammendment question.
Speaking of the first amendment, (freedom of speech, if I got it right,)  I heard that when newswpaper venders first put their machines at Morristown station without pernmission; the railroad objected, and the court decided in favor of the venders, on first amendment grounds.
Philip Martin

martinpl3_@_earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.