(erielack) I hope there were two tracks then

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-10-06

DenmanNegative1915Smaller.jpg (image/jpeg, 1500x971 139819 bytes, BF: 10.42 ppb)
DenmanNegativeTrainOne.jpg (image/jpeg, 1513x1800 182632 bytes, BF: 14.91 ppb)

  Late last night I was organizing a circa 1915 photo-and-negative collection in the museum and I found this negative with no corresponding photo. I took it home and used the adapter on my scanner to scan the negative and this is the resulting image. I don't know if I have scanned it in reverse, but I guess it doesn't matter.

I assume this was taken at the arch on Morris Turnpike in Millburn. I rescanned the train on the left alone so you can see the detail and I have attached that, too. It appears to have "Lackawanna" on the side of one of the cars.

I would like to submit this photo to the local paper, too. May I ask for help with a proper caption for it? What comes to mind when you look at it?

Thank you again.
Lynne