Re: (erielack) NKP Freight Consist (7-03-57)

> Just a few more comments learned about that NKP consist.
> http://www.nkphts.org/nkppaper/1957consist.html

The first car on the list is the last car on the train just ahead of the
caboose.  So there is a block of 17 cars at the end of the train to be
dropped off in Lima for Erie.
The last nine cars on the list are at the head-end and to be dropped in
Bellevue.
Everything else is going to Buffalo Jct.

I'm interested in following the NKP (43549) stock car load of sheep going to
Brooklyn.  They were loaded in Lafayette, IN at 2 p.m. on 7-03, so they have
to be out of the car for feed and water by 2 a.m. on 7-05 (36 hr. law).  I
guess that would take place in Buffalo (Erie stock facility?) before their
train left for Jersey City.

The NKP consist had this car in the middle of the train.  I thought most
roads kept livestock close to the power or back near the caboose so they
could be more closely watched.  Erie photos often show stock cars up front.

At Jersey City, the car was floated across the river to a Long Island
connection.  Where would that be?  Also, how long do you hold this car
before sending it across.  Would a tug and float be sent over with only a
few cars?

Mike Oravec