Re: (erielack) Some potentially GREAT News for EL freight fans... .!!

List,
Many years ago we had discussions with a customer that wanted to establish
double stack service  (this was back when having your "own" DS train/service was
all the rage) near Kearny. We knew even then that NJT was going to get off
that line; hence the total cost of maintenance would have to be built into the
linehaul. This included as I recall, a large sum to maintain that old bridge.
There were other good reasons for not doing it, mostly operational and
terminal. The plan was abandoned, and we brought the business into Croxton
Jim