RE: (erielack) Some potentially GREAT News for EL freight fans... .!!

> I'm not holding my breath on this, but a "regular" who often
> posts in the
> railroad.net forum has hinted at a possible new  (BIG!)
> customer interested in
> receiving rail service along the  old NY&GL line close to DB bridge...

Yeah, right. First off, the railroad.net forums are well-known for their "accurate" (haha!) news items.

Some salient points that need to be considered:

* Where is there room near DB Draw for any sort of customer?
* Why would NS spend multi-millions to restore a line to serve one customer?
* Why did this "quoted item" fail to mention the fact that WR Drawbridge (also on the route) would need to be restored?
* Oh yeah, I'm sure NJ Transit would appreciate this great flood of freight traffic that would run over its lines?

Sounds like complete hokum to me.