(erielack) More on EL E8 Conversions

Listers

  I have discussed the E8 question with my local retiree from the  ERIE and EL Mechanical Dept.

  First - the replacement of 36" wheels happened early in the EL era due to problems with the wheels. Changing of wheels had nothing to do with the freight conversion.

  Second - I left # 833 off of last night's note. The Diagram Book shows 833 being regeared to freight gear ratio.  His memory is that one regeared E8 was included in the three that transffered to Conrail. He does not remember what the EL # was.

  Ben Bartlett

Yahoo! Mail