RE: (erielack) Passenger train consists Train #1 11-24-66/11-25-66

I'm wondering how much revenue was produced from the head-end cars on TR 1 back then.

Ed Montgomery

________________________________

From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org on behalf of Smtimko@aol.com
Sent: Sun 3/5/2006 7:22 PM
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: (erielack) Passenger train consists Train #1 11-24-66/11-25-66

Someone ask a week or so ago about the consists of passenger trains.

I found some original (on heavy yellow paper) consists of EL passenger
trains as received by XD Telegraph Office in Youngstown.

Will post what I have located.

SMT

Nov 24, 1966        Train  #1    Consist from Hornell

WGD  D  CS, CEW  XD, RAP CY, JLS UK, OPRS J & HF

Eng 820-813

Erie    6601    Mail    Kansas  City, EL-Chgo-ATSF  (sealed)
REX    3403    Express Chgo, Unit  Haul
EL    206    Mail Chgo
EL    653    RPO    Chgo
EL    1318    Coach    Chgo
EL    1308    Coach    Chgo
EL    747    Diner    Chgo
Chenango    Chgo
EL    790    Tavern  Lounge    Youngstown

Walkie-Talkie 169  9 Cars

JRC    735PM

Here's the same train from Youngstown

WGD    CD
LRH     GN
RAP    CY
EIH    CY
MPN    YA

#1    820-813        11-25-66

Erie    6601    Mail    Kansas  City    Chgo    ATSF
REX    3403    EXP    CHGO
Erie    127    Storage  Mail    CHGO
EL    206    MAIL    CHGO
EL    653    RPO    CHGO
EL    1318    COACH    CHGO
EL    1308    COACH    CHGO
EL    747    DINER    CHGO
CHENANGO    PULLMAN    CHGO

9 cars

CEW 126AM

You will note that the Tavern Lounge came off at Youngstown and Erie 127
storage mail car was added.  That move would have taken two yard  crews---one to
take the 790 off the rear and shove it to Brier Hill to turn and  one to take
the SM car out of the Terminal Track (off of the EB Main at YO) and  place in
train.  Note that the SM car was placed in the train as the third  car instead
of directly on the head end.  No doubt for some particular  reason at Chicago.

SMT