Re: (erielack) Cliff Dwelling

http://www.kinnelonboro.org/

Fayson Lakes had only begun in 1927.  The developer, Frank Fay, Jr, had
explored the area on horseback from Pompton Plains...  The main access
road was paved in 1931, so by 1935 it was possible to drive to Boonton
station.

The fares are interesting.  The 1-day round-trip cost the same as or just
pennies more than one-way; it was not valid during the commuting hours.
The 15-day round trip fare was 25-50% higher than the one-way fare.
Weekly and monthly commutation tickets were very heavily discounted - the
weekly cost just 3 to 3.5 one-way trips (now 8.5) while the monthly cost
about 14 (now 48).  And, of course, since the Boonton Line was three miles
shorter than the Morristown Line, fares for Dover and Denville were lower
via Boonton for the weekly and monthly tickets - that lasted into the
Erie-Lackawanna era.

The $36.90 50-trip family fare ticket price from Denville now covers two
off-peak round trips!

- --- Lynne <LKRanieri_@_comcast.net> wrote:

> NOTE: This message had contained at least one image attachment.
> To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
> following URL into your web browser:
>

> http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-04-06
>
> RRData.jpg (image/jpeg, 602x850 159931 bytes, BF: 3.110 ppb)
>
>   Thank you all for the replies about Fayson Lakes.
>   I went through the booklet several times looking for a date and could
> not find any. I then composed this e-mail to say that the clothign and
> cars in the photos looked like the late 1930's. I attached the scan seen
> here and as I was tweaking it I noticed the tiny print at the bottom
> that says "Published 3-1-35." So there it is ...
>
> Lynne
>
> 	The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
> 	Sponsored by the ELH&TS
> 	http://www.elhts.org