(erielack) Mount Hope Tramway (Rockaway NJ) program - Monday, March 6

Historical Society of the Rockaways meets at the Rockaway Township
Library, Mount Hope Road, Rockaway Township.

Directions:  Take exit 37 from I-80.  Turn right at the end of the ramp.
Pass the MOBIL gas station and go straight at the next traffic light; this
is a five-way intersection.  Do not make either of the two left turns or
the right turn.  Go about 1/2 mile and turn right at the T intersection
onto Mount Hope Road.  The library is in the municipal complex on the left
after crossing the bridge over I-80.

Dick Kehoe will present his program that was snowed out in January on the
Mount Hope Tramway at 7:30 pm on Monday, March 6.

The tramway was a gravity railroad that moved iron ore from the Mount Hope
mines to the Morris Canal in the 19th Century.

Contact me if you need further information.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey