RE: (erielack) Erie GP 7 and the Merger

>     I was wondering how long after the merger would a Erie GP
> 7 still be running with its original Erie paint scheme?  I
> have been searching the railfan photos trying to find a Erie
> GP7 with EL engines or EL labeled rolling stock.

The latest photo I have of a GP7 in full-blown, original Erie paint is the
1236, taken April of 1968. The earliest photo of that unit in EL paint I
have was taken in December of 1971, and it has a little road grime on it, so
I doubt it made it into the 1970s in Erie paint.

The latest "patched" Erie unit (that is, one with EL diamonds pasted over
the Erie ones but otherwise still "Erie-looking") was Erie/EL 1244, which
latest into at least October of 1970. The earliest in full EL garb was
September of 1972, and in that show it also looks like it has several months
of weathering on it.

This is based on photos in my collection; I'd enjoy hearing if others have
later pictures.