Re: (erielack) Calendar Time

Tom,

I remember reading about five years ago (maybe longer?) that the former
DL&W between Clarks Summit and Binghamton (or thereabouts) was going to be
upgraded to 60 mph for freights.  Would you happen to know if that was ever
done?  (If I recall correctly.)

Chuck

                      "Tom Beckett"
                      <tabeckett_@_stny.rr.
                      com>                To:     <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 Re: (erielack) Calendar Time

                      03/01/2006 11:49 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tom Beckett"

The observation you make about the traffic level is not unique. I have
heard
others say the same, including some who work for the railroad. The patterns

have changed-my guess is the traffic through Taylor is much greater now
than
it ever was; traffic through the Poconos is nothing like it was. Still, a
good sign.

The occasional coal train will still get pushers over Clarks Summit.

Tom B