(erielack) Former EL Right Of Way

List,

It appears that NS has cut brush and trees that had been encroaching on the
right of way in my area. This would be what's left of EL from North Warren to
Latimer.

I'm not sure how much has been done, as I haven't been able to check out the
entire line. It was really beginning to get pretty bad. Looks much better now.

It's hard to say how long this line will stay in operation. The only reason
this line exists is for ore traffic to WCI Steel in Warren. WCI is trying to
emerge from bankruptcy.

Inside sources tell me it's just a matter of time before the place shuts
down. The mill is old and needs to be replaced. They do have a continuous caster.
But repairs to machinery are generally of the bubble gum and bailing wire
variety.

The management is just running the place into the ground. After many job cuts
and financial concessions. Management is getting out of it what they can
before the inevitable comes.

Another online customer, Delphi Packard, is in bankruptcy. Plt. 10 receives
plastic compound by rail. They used to get copper core also, but they haven't
received any copper by rail lately that I know of. Rail business with Delphi P
should be unaffected by the bankruptcy for now.

It has been said that in the end Delphi's workforce in Warren will likely be
cut by 2/3's. Plt.s 10 & 11 may be the only survivors of a large complex that
houses six plants. This is ironic, since in the year 2005, Packard in North
America made an 8% profit.

Rick Fleischer
ELHS 1426
Cortland, Oh.