Re: (erielack) Calendar Time

Regarding traffic between on the old DL&W from Scranton to Binghamton..in
short, it's probably the busiest it has been since the Lackawanna days.

It's been 25 years since I've lived in Scranton, but my wife and I stay at
my parents' house during the summer and Christmas; from the second floor,
you can see and hear the trains (and feel the house shake!)  There are lots
of NS and CP trains, seems like more running westward, with a good portion
of them running at night. One night this past Christmas, I woke up every 45
minutes to the sound of a train. (Funny, I used to fall asleep to the sound
of a train!) Not bad for a line built 155 years ago.

The EL was never that busy in the 60s and 70s. In fact, I remember it being
totally devoid of traffic for several months when a tunnel collapsed
(1974?). The busiest that line was when EL had it was probably the year
before Conrail. The NS and CP trains do not user pushers on westbounds; in
the EL days, almost all westbound trains had pushers to get them up the hill
to Clarks Summit.