RE: (erielack) Traveling to work (was: Calendar time)

This topic brings up something I've always wondered. Crews would take trains up to crew change points. I assume that leaving Croxton, crews on the DL side would change at... Scranton?  And on the Erie side, they'd change at Port Jervis. So... would they just wait for the next eastbound train? Would they just dead-head, or would they take another train back if it was available?

I always wondered this because in many EL videos, you can see crew members riding the trailing units - often times, you'd see folks in 3 or 4 cabs per train!