Re: (erielack) Re: Railroad-named music groups

- --- TrainGG1_@_aol.com wrote:
> In addition to railroad-theme named music groups Grand Funk RR and CP
> Rail, there was the "Chicago Transit Authority." As I understand it, the
> transit agency took the group to court, forcing them to change their
> name to "Chicago."

The suit was to stop the band from being "Chicago Transit Authority" or
"CTA".  Any new name would have to clear the court, but "Chicago" wasn't
imposed on them.  I'm surprised the mayor didn't sue after they moved to
California!

> Based on the PR problem CTA was having at the time (another one of its
> periodic  financial disasters), maybe it (CTA) would have been better
> off with the singing  group continuing to use the name "Chicago Transit
> Authority."

Royalties could have been useful...

> Any others?

Manhattan Transfer, Railroad Earth, TRAIN.  Many more, I'm sure, and
probably archived on one discussion group or another.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey