Re: (erielack) Phoebe fore-runner???

Gary,

Both of those cards were produced from the special advertising photo
train in October of 1905 I believe. The photographs were in New Jersey
along the Boonton Line from what I have read. I'm not certain where the
top location is, I heard varying accounts. The bottom one however is
somewhere between Athenia and Patterson. It is Mrs. Marion Murray, the
original model, in the upper card. Obviously the wind wasn't cooperating
unless of course they were running backwards.

Neither predate the advertising campaign. That was begun in early 1903.
Tabor includes a New York Tribune ad from November 1903 featuring Phoebe
Snow.

Regards,

Will Shultz