(erielack) Phoebe Snow knows

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-23-06

PhoebeSnowKnows.jpg (image/jpeg, 1600x1057 518964 bytes, BF: 3.26 ppb)

I brought home the other five Phoebe Snow postcards and scanned them. I will post them to the list over the next few days.

I appreciate all the helpful information about Phobe Snow, but would like to ask one last thing about it/her to make sure I understand the answers correctly. I was confused by the dates of the 'streamliner Phoebe Snow' because I collect vintage clothing and I could see by the clothing on Phoebe Snow that the era in these postcards (which are later reprints) was about 1905 -- the era of the pigeon-breasted clothing women wore. When I saw the answers about the Phoebe Snow arriving after WWII I wasn't sure I understood this all.

Am I correct now in understanding that the Phoebe Snow thing was just an ad campaign ca. 1905-1910 (or for what years?) but the train called the Phoebe Snow did not appear until after WWII? Was it just the engine that was called Phoebe Snow, or was the whole train properly called The Phoebe Snow?

Thank you again.
Lynne